Who should take this course?
What will you learn?
How can you start learning now?
What freediving gear will you use?
Sample Course Overview
Day 1: (Classroom and Pool)
Example of Knowledge Development Topics
- Proper Freediving Equipment
- Correct finning techniques
- Safety support for dynamic apnea
- Static apnea (breath-hold on the surface with the face immersed)
- Safety support for static apnea
- Rescue techniques
- Correct breathing and preparation before static apnea
- Special techniques for static apnea
- Breathing techniques for dynamic apnea
- Correct decent procedures (duck-dive)
- Correct breathing techniques
- Diaphragmatic/abdominal breathing, thoracic and chest breathing
- Full breathing
- Relaxation exercises
Day 2: (Open Water-Boat or Alt. Location)
- Practice and demonstrate skills and techniques from previous session in Open Water
- 25' Freedive (Constant Weight)
- Buddy skills and Rescue Workshop
-Black Out Rescue
Contact: Captain Michael Sumlin for dates.
Course Fee: $350 plus boat or park fees and materials.